The Tyson Fury retirement saga continues to drag on, as ‘The Gypsy King’ confirms he will be staying retired.
Following his knockout of Dillian Whyte at Wembley Stadium earlier this year, Fury announced the end of his career and there has been endless speculation as to whether people believe him ever since.
‘The Gypsy King’ has been posting a number of training videos despite his retirement, which fuelled rumours that he is staying in shape ready for a comeback.
On Tuesday, however, Fury himself attempted to put an end to these rumours, as he posted a video while in the gym.
He said: “Second session of the day, smashing it! Come on guys.
“I’ve just read today that I’m supposed to be coming out of retirement, that’s news to me. As far as I’m concerned, I’m staying.”
This comes just days after Fury’s US-based promoter, Bob Arum, suggested that ‘The Gypsy King’ would inevitably come out of retirement eventually.
“Tyson Fury is retired and he will be retired until we come to him with the next big event and then he will unretire,” Arum told Fight Hype.
Tyson Fury insists he is staying retired…
— Michael Benson (@MichaelBensonn) June 7, 2022
“Well, I think Fury is going to wait to see how the [Anthony] Joshua fight comes out with [Oleksandr] Usyk, and then he’ll make a determination whether he wants to continue.
“Other than fighting the winner of Joshua vs Usyk, there’s really nothing that’s really of interest to Tyson Fury, so we will have to see.”
The rematch between the British star and the Ukranian is due to be announced imminently with a date and location all-but confirmed.